Photos - Out on the Lam - Good front views of a 1913/14

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Photos - Out on the Lam - Good front views of a 1913/14
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

Neat photo postcard with a lamb on the hood. Good view of a 1913/14 front end. You can see, faintly, through the windshield it has the 14 style rods, but it has the bent/formed 13 style lamp brackets and jeweled sidelamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

That is exciting to see also. This shows the '12-'13-'14 Minn. plate very clearly. We saw this on a previous post. Black on Aluminum, no paint on the years.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

FWIW Minnesota used 3-year plates in '15-'17 Red on Aluminum and '18-'20 White on Black.
Photos that clear should be helpful to many.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

I could tell you who owned the car if I could see the complete number.

On a side note, my grandmother moved to Fertile, MN when she remarried.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 12:26 am:

I could tell you who owned the goat if it had it's 'Property Identification Coded eartag. Having drooping ears that long it is more likely a kid than a lamb.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 12:44 am:

Whoops! I should know better since I've raised goats before. So thats embarrassing. Yes, not a lamb. However, in my defense, I did not pay too much attention to the critter in the pic! I was more interested in hardware. haha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 01:04 am:

Is that dash painted black? Sure looks like it.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 06:30 am:

I don't think so Bill. You can see some contrast between it and the hood former.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 07:56 am:

Great photo, thank you for sharing. I really like the kid, what a great auto accessory, wish I had one. Allen, won't that be a much better investment then buying a $5,000 riding lawn mower?

Happy motoring

Warren

Sambuca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 08:50 am:

The acetylene gas generator is the Victor "hook" type pointer. The lamps must be Corcoran or Victor. The headlamps are both left hand.

The photographer shows upside down in the Mangin mirror of the headlamps.

Ken in Texas

Spot on John! While I was typing.

(Message edited by drkbp on April 21, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 08:53 am:

Really neat, I enlarged & rotated the driver side headlamp and you can see that the little girl is patiently waiting for dad to take the picture so she can go get her pet Kidd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 09:00 am:

Ken good catch, they look like Victors because of the bonnets and bezel. Also the sidelights are Victors based on the caps and oil fonts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Or those could be ghostly apparitions from the past.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 09:13 am:

John,
OR she's waiting for their lamb chop supper to get started......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Find us more postcards!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 10:57 am:

My guess(s) on the plate number is 54106.... or 34106

Also, Rands windshield.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:40 am:

14 today

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:45 am:

OK Erik, let's see some possibilities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:46 am:

The dash certainly is not shiny varnish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

When are the baaaa-d jokes going to start about the lamb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

Maybe no one wants to "get your goat" by kidding around ?
(Benjamin, is that a Saanen ?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

Mary had a little lamb

Her father killed it dead

Now Mary takes the lamb to school

Between two slices of bread

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

If you mutton heads are going to start sheep shots or pulling the wool over our eyes, it is shearly a waste of time Wether you know it or knot.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

Rich, trust ewe to come up with a flock of puns quicker than two shakes of a dead lamb's tail. We'll all have to band together to keep up with the yarns you can spin !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Arnold, that is one interesting variation of a radiator cap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

I have never given the radiator cap a second thought. It came on the car when I bought it. It's a stock radiator cap and a stock motor meter. How else would it be mounted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

Rich, it would be udder neglect not to dip into some dyed-in-the-wool humor for a quadrupedal, ruminant mammal. I'm sure we would take a fleecing if we didn't come up with a range of sheep puns.
Lamb Chop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Rich, thinking back, puns have always been a staple of our brand of humor. We don't want to hogget all, though. Maybe Dennis and his parakeet will contribute to the thread? That always cheers me up when I'm bummed out ! I gotta fold for now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

Ken:

As you indicated, it is a five digit plate which would be correct for a 1913 or 1914 Ford.

My father has a public directory which lists Minnesota 1912-13-14 registrations from January 1, 1912 through June 1, 1914.

I looked at every plate number that ended in 106. None of the Fords listed that had plate numbers X106 or XX106 were from Fertile.

The public directory ends at 53999. I would have to research the state ledger at the Minnesota Historical Society to look at the numbers that were issued from June through December 1914 to see if I could locate the car.

Also, there is the possibility that the car could have changed hands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 09:19 am:

Erik,

Pretty amazing you can find that information. The front fenders are the "1913" style without beads on the apron so the car was built between July 1913 and May 1914.

It was hardly a year old when the kids got it!

Ken in Texas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration