Pushing a T with a Ruckstell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pushing a T with a Ruckstell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 12:55 am:

Lot's of talk on Facebook about this. Does a Ruckstell make a model T hard to push ? My TT had a Ruckstell, but I took it off. My TT is hard to push, but I just thought it was the worm drive. It is very easy to push my Runabout, but it has no Ruckstell - just curious ? What say you folks ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 02:50 am:

The worm drive in a TT doesn't make it hard to push. My TT with a Chicago three speed transmission in neutral is very easy to push. If a TT is hard to push in neutral, it most likely needs to have the clutch adjusted for a free neutral. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 02:54 am:

A Ruckstell will make any model T or TT harder to push if it is shifted into low.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 03:01 am:

What Dave said. Adjustment of the bands AND parking brake linkage
can make a TT a rather stationary object, or make it roll about with
relative ease. The Ruckstell has nothing to do with it. At present, my
TT does not have an aux. transmission, so I do not have the same ability
to neutral "freewheel" as Dave, and by extension, finding that "sweet spot"
of band and linkage adjustment is critical, where with an aux. trans, you
just pop it out of gear, disconnecting the driveline. This is the same principle
that makes having aux. brakes important on vehicles with aux. transmissions.
Should they come out of gear, the non-synchro gears may make getting the
driveline re-engaged impossible and you have no brakes or way to stop the
vehicle .... it is free wheeling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 10:32 am:

very cool, thanks guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Tom! Where are you at on your TT? Does it run and drive yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 12:29 am:

Hi Seth, yep - I have about 200 miles on it so far :-) Your exhaust is great, if I ever pass someone with my TT, I am going to let them have it :-) Your speedster is way to fast for me, but very cool. Enjoy your videos

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration