Kingston 5 Ball Screen - flame arrester

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Kingston 5 Ball Screen - flame arrester
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 01:43 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 06:33 am:

beautiful stan......

'been looking for a flame arrestor to go with my early 5 ball. if you ever see another i sure would be interested.

again, beautiful work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 08:10 am:

stan

is the small hole on the bottom of the bowl for a petcock?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 08:33 am:

Is that my 5 ball? Way too shiny, I'll never get the rest of the car to match :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 09:25 am:

Automotive jewelry, great job, Stan! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Yes. Yes. They are hard to find but would be easy to make if you could find that perforated brass , Stuart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:26 am:

As we live in a world where perforated brass is just a CNC laser away, it seems to me they should be easy to reproduce. How many screen-less five balls are there in the world? Enough to justify someone doing a short run?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:36 am:

I know a few folks here and elsewhere who would simply drill the holes in some tubing.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:44 am:

http://www.monolikametal.com/brass-perforated-sheet-2934683.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 02:34 am:

Donald Hess is the one who reproduced those flame arrestors. He use to sell them at Hershey. I think they were used for marine applications, I don't think they were used on model T Fords. While it's true that all the 5 ball 90 degree intakes were threaded, those flame arrestors are very rare. If they were supplied with every early 5 ball, I think there would be many more around. Just my .02.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 03:43 am:

They don't show up in the parts books for 1908/10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan F. Stein on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 08:57 am:

I am not familiar with the diameter or length of this screen but this looks very close to a Model A Ford gas tank screen. I would bet with a little modification/machining and brass plating it could be very close and useable until an original is found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

I think I bought mine from Don Hess. It was a long time ago. I think the Model A gas filter is much bigger.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration