26 coupe wood for under side windows

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26 coupe wood for under side windows
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 03:12 pm:

can anyone help me please , i need size dimrntions
of this wood so i can make them
Thank you Lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Lorenzo, did you get the info you're looking for?
I'm of no help but don't like to see a post lost/unanswered, yet it happens once in awhile. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

Lorenzo, I checked my '26 and the only wood is around the back window, sorry that's of no use to you, but I did check, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

Thank you , Duey c No i have no info on this call
so far .James i know there are different ones out there ,i have seen all metal units PIC. ,Thank you for the input
There must be some wood prints somewhere Thanks again Duey

Lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 01:25 am:

Lorenzo, I don't have any measurements but I do have a better picture of a 26 coupe taken of that window area on a car that was for sale a year ago. Maybe it will help you.26 Coupe window area

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 08:15 am:

You may be able to take the picture that Kevin provided and place it on graph paper to make a scale drawing to get your wood size measurements. You could use the known size of the window opening for reference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Kevin, we looked at the same car. I took photos of the top wood and measurements of the joints. I learned a lot!

Unfortunately I didn't take good photos of the window wood because my coupe is all steel around the windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary j. baker on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

Lorenzo
i have a new wood kit for the windows and a new wood kit for the top i am not going to use.the top wood i started to fit the drivers side and decided it would be easier to repair my old wood.if you are interested in both the kits pm. me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

Gary can u get measurements ?
Will send PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

Found this pictures too ,but no measurements
Looks like it tapers toward the rear on the bottom part

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Michael,
Last year that 26 coupe wasn't that far from me. I've wanted a 26 coupe but that one was missing the rear fenders and some other things plus the owner never would send me a picture of the deck lid area. I never went to look at it because the street rod owner wanted more for it than it was worth to me and his price was firm. I guess it will just become a rod.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration