Hyatt rear axle bearing sleeves. Duey_C and his variations bit again.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hyatt rear axle bearing sleeves. Duey_C and his variations bit again.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Rear axle bearing sleeves and their variations thru the years...
Wha?
OR
Watching the world (sleeves) go round? These are the days of our lives.
I've been meaning to set this up for many many days and today is the day.
Been working on my rear axle for the '18 again after some minor setbacks and thought I'd pose this to you folks...
Gotta try and get this axle done before a foray with the medical establishment. Then I can't lift squat for a few weeks. I ain't gonna make it. :-)

sleeves
With the dimples set at roughly 12:00 this is what I see and wonder about.
Oops, I set the new ones up backwards.

Anyone have the foggiest idea why the split is in different locations over the years?
Obviously, orig means OLD sleeves, 30 yrs means sleeves from about 30 years ago and new means a month old.
Any notions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

I guess I didnt study mine enough. The hole for grease cup and dimple are in the same place on all but the V is not. Mine actually had one sleeve in backward. I marked them all when I removed them and it drove me crazy for a bit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

The slot should always be below center on the lower side. We are now making new ones hardened to C35. They should last a lot longer. The original Hyatts were hardened to C35. The Fords were C26.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration