The Last Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The Last Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

When did the last Model T come off of the assembly line?

The photo below indicates November of 1958.

I have the photo and it looks legit.

I scanned the front and the back of the photo for all to see.

What do you think?

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

I have seen that picture before.50th anniversary publicity photo.Early '09 car from Ford Museum.'58 T-Bird on line.
One of those glossy photos was in with a bunch of old records in my first F-L-M dealership building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Make that a '59 Thunderbird....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

Dammit,'59 Ford.Past my bedtime.Also,need a snort or two of oxygen,apparently......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

The car before the T looks like a 59 Ford Custom 300. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 01:27 am:

Don't forget, that in 2003, Ford built a few more mostly new parts model Ts to commemorate FoMoCo's hundredth anniversary.
I have also seen a few pictures of the OP car. I believe I heard it was an assembly of mostly restored original parts from the Henry Ford collection. Amazing how just a few short years can change their focus on their own history.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 01:51 am:

One of my T's rolled of the production line 3 times in it's life, Australian Ford plant when new and at 1,000,000 in 1967 and 2,000,000 in 1975
Should of offered a roll out for the very last time last year when Ford shut down production in Australia!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman Oslo Norway on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 07:32 am:

Frank, that`s fantastic. So cool to have photos of the anniversaries with your car in front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 08:02 am:

a easy way to tell that 59 Ford is on the assembly line is the tailight is not 1/2 full of water yet!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 09:43 am:

It would probably be good for us to know the basic details of the last T-100 to be assembled, like the exact date it was completed, its engine's serial number and the car's whereabouts. _Does anybody have any of that data?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 10:27 am:

Wayne, I saw one of those 2003 Ts at the Larz Anderson Museum of Transportation in Brookline, Massachusetts in 2003 or 4. There was a Fomoco representative there who told me that the "new" Ts could never be registered because they were built in the modern era, and therefore were technically modern cars that met neither safety nor emission standards. He said that they used all new parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 10:35 am:

The stamp on the back of the photo "Plain Dealer library" could be from Cleveland, Ohio. That is the name of the newspaper. Ford did assemble cars in Cleveland a long time ago and the photo could be from an anniversary issue or something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 10:46 am:

The '09 in the photo at the top of this thread is Model T #839 if I'm not mistaken. It was written up in the red Model T Restoration Handbook written by Les Henry back in the 1960's.

A note on the 2003 T's. They were not all new parts. I understand that Mark Cameron restored original sidelights and taillights for them.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

So were the crankcase lower covers. When Ford found that the dies to stamp it would cost $95,000, and good originals could be had for $5 each, guess what they did.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration