Any help removing modern crank pulley

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Any help removing modern crank pulley
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Want get this pulley off to swap it with one i can use the hand crank with
Any ideas on how it comes off
Ther was two allan screws in the threaded holes
One hole missing half the threads see pics
Crank sleeve is out for replacement
Never seen one like this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

I believe it is a "taper lock" pulley or "QD bushing type pulley".
Search some of those terms on u-tube and you should get it pretty quick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:00 pm:

Yeah i posted also on facebook
On model T page got the same info
Will get back on it in the morning
Always nice learn something new

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

That's a browning taper lock hub. Take the set screws out of the holes they are in and move them to the other two holes and tighten them. They will push the tapered center out of the pulley and the pulley will slide off at that point.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 09:31 am:

It appears to be a DODGE Taperlock bushing.
It has two half threaded holes on the sheave and one half threaded hole on the bushing. thread a allen bolt into the hole opposite the split and tighten snuggly until the sheave loosens. Rapping with brass hammer if needed.
I sold them 40 years ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 10:23 am:

The crank stub sure looks short to me. I hope I'm wrong

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cowan on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:05 am:

Put one of the two bolts removed into the hole with only half threads and tighten either until the pulley comes loose from the taper lock inner sleeve or until it's very tight. Once the "pusher" bolt is tight then tap on the face of the pulley trying to free it from the inner sleeve taper lock that will remain on the shaft. After the pulley is loose on the taper lock then remove the "pusher" bolt and tap a thin wedge (flat tip screwdriver) into the split in the taper lock sleeve and slide it off from the crankshaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

Bob,
I can't read the stamping on the bushing.
If it is 1210, 1215, 2020, 2517, 2525. it is Dodge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

AT close inspection it is a taper lock pulley. These things are used on electric motors, pump shafts, compressors and etc. Never thought about one on a T crankshaft. Wonder why here other than the crank is worn to the point where a standard T pulley wont stay tight enough? Or to short? ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

That pulley was made for a v belt. Perhaps the owner who installed it wanted to use a v belt.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

Yes the T has a V belt got the pulley with help here and over on facebook
There was no pin in the crank just tight clamped gold
Attach a another pulley and left the V belt why just need to acquire the pullies for a flat belt
At least now i can use my crank
See pic

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration