New trick learned today.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New trick learned today.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 10:20 am:

The Board of Control CEO visited my workshop today. I was not looking forward to fitting the hogshead on my son's motor and she suggested that it being so heavy, why not hang it on something!

Well, the chainfaĺl was still hanging following the engine pull, so I put a loop of wire through the two top holes for the inspection cover and hooked it up. The balance was perfect. This allowed me to lower the cover without having to support its weight. I could let go of the cover to manipulate the clutch fork into its slot. My free hand allowed me to lower the cover further until the shafts hit the band ears. I could the let go of the cover to lever the springs and shafts over the band ears. Once they were in place the cover could be lowered further.

It all went swimmingly, no gaskets out of place, no bits dropped into the transmission, no troubles with the felt seal and absolutely no stress. It has turned it into an easy one man task.

Thanks Boss.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Allen,
You must have reversed the negative as the pedals are on the wrong side!!!!!1 Also that operation you describe only works down under. We are on the other side of the equator, the center of gravity is different up here.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Good one and "she" suggested it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:06 am:

Lol hopefully the CEO's visit was short and sweet and she returned to her office in the kitchen.

It does look like it balanced very nicely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Neat idea boss is alright

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Marble on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

Allen, I assume that this is a right hand drive Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jenell Larson on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

Ahh, women! Aren't we terrific?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Years ago in the HCCA Gazette, there was a great article about a couple on tour that was saved from the vulture wagon multiple times by items in the wife's purse. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

Sounds like a good team! It sometimes takes a different prospective. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

I was driving a Datsun at Watkins Glen one weekend and during practice the throttle cable broke.
As three guys were hanging over the motor my wife walked up and handed us a ring from her key chain.
I drove with that ring on the throttle cable for 2 years and it was there when we sold the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

Mark: In most woman's purse is the following---
scissors--- nail file----hair pins----mirror---tissue--a billfold with money--- just hope I have not missed something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 03:55 am:

I do this also for a long time.
544S
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 04:35 am:

Jenell,

Yes ... you are !

And you need to post more ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

Bill, you only mentioned what was in the side pocket of most purses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

My wife views her entire car as a big purse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 07:30 pm:

I gottsa make me one of those hangers, Anthonie !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration