Quick Change Band Options

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Quick Change Band Options
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

Not used to the option of so called Quick Change Bands. Now that I have a later vintage T it's time to make a decision.

Over the years I have picked up a few different types. Are there preferences out there between the set circular boss, turn boss, or slotted types. Also I have some marked GM that seem pretty nice but have read in earlier threads that maybe these are difficult to use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

My preference would be the standard boss or button type if you have a set of three. Over the years I have installed the slot type, some times they go in ok, others not so much. The button/boss seem to work every time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Hmm.... will have to see if I have a complete set of the button type. So the type that pivots or the stationary type?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

The "pivot" type you are referring to are not Ford but some aftermarket band.

I also prefer the button type that Mark eluded to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

Likely little differences, the FORD supplied seem better, and lots of them out there.

Ford first used the button as developed by P&B, in fact Ford got sued, but wiggled out. The later Ford design is the slot version. Perhaps Ford came out with these during the litigation years with P&B? Would be an interesting research.

Ford script

P&B

Raybestos brand with swivel lock

You had to cotter pin this one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 10:50 am:

I have one of those cotter pin types if there are any band collectors out there. :-) I have a complete set of the slotted type in good condition ... but none of the button type in good condition. Anyone out there have a good set they could spare? Or should I just use the slotted ones. I plan to use Kevlar linings ... so it would be a long time before I need to remove them ... if ever.

Frankly I never really minded removing the hogs head on my old speedster. But now that I have the runabout there is much less access down there when your slugging it out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration