OT, Bed liner

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT, Bed liner
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Just painted the F250 yesterday, and need a good quality spray or roll on bed liner. Has anyone had any experience. The old girl is still a work truck around the homestead, and I'd like to save the bed from any more damage now that she has a 5' paint job. Thanks min advance Harv linerlinerliner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

Just about any auto parts store has decent roll on bed liner stuff. The key to it working and lasting though, is in the prep. You need to really really clean the bed thoroughly and then sand it down like crazy. Absolutely no glossy area or it WILL peel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

Drop-in plastic liners are slick. Your cargo slides all over the place. Spray-in liners are rough and work like sandpaper if you are sliding something in or out. They can also peel and get moisture under them if gouged through the coating.

I have had a rubber mat in the back of my pickup for over 30 years and I love it. It keeps things from sliding around, protects the bed, and can be easily removed for cleaning if necessary.

If you want to have something on the sides go with some GM style trunk paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

I sometimes see the drop in bed lines on the side of the road.
My preference is to stat away from them.

My truck 2003 has a spray on liner that looks almost new.
I don't know who do it but I guess the prep is very important

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

No expert by far but the 1999 250 has a drop in and the 2015 has a spray on.The spray on took several hours and cost about $600.00.Myself i think the spray on is by far the best quality!! People local to you might know the best brand? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

If you see the tailgate part of a slide in liner on the side of the road it's worth stopping to get. I picked one up and it's perfect to lay on if you have to get under a car parked outside in the grass. Slide right under. People around here paint their whole truck with that stuff, and prep is the key because I see it peeling off sometimes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

I'm with Jeff. Don't know what kind of rubber mat he has, you can get a 4'x8''x3/4" stall mat at the farm store, heavy, but it's great stuff for the purpose (you can even jump your pony into the pickup bed).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

I have used Herculiner to do a friend's truck bed. Its a roll on or brush on. So easy to apply and control. But is only available in one color: black. I like Raptor Liner form TCP Global better. More durable, and they offer a tintable variety that you can mix and spray in any color. You really need to put on three coats to get good wear out of it though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

I like the idea of a drop in liner but since this truck is a 1966 and 51 years old drop in liners just aren't to be found. I'd like to stay fairly low dollar but am also looking for quality and ease of application. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:24 pm:

I had Rhino liner sprayed into two of my trucks still looked good when I sold them. Had 1 with a drop-in liner from the dealer after 6 months I pulled it from the truck and saw significant corrosion caused by the liner's tendency to constantly shift in the bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

That's a good looking truck.
If it were mine, I would go with the rubber mat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

I've had the Line-X product on two of my pickups. The have a lifetime warranty. On my first pickup, as small portion peeled and Line-X made the repair free of charge. The emblem they put in the-bed and spray over is your warranty, so it transfers with the truck as far as I know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

Thanks to all for the advise and complements. Has anyone had any experience with Rustoleum bed liner? It is less expensive than most so probably not as good quality. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

Duplicolor has been used with good results and they now offer a clear bed liner. You can get spray or roll on kit. - Matt

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration