Incorrect Ooogah horn added, kids love it. :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Incorrect Ooogah horn added, kids love it. :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

Shirley has an incorrect Ooogah horn installed. Had to drill the new Langs bracket to make it fit. Kids asked for it, love it, can't keep them off of it. :-)

Incorrect Ooogah horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

Well then, I must be a kid at heart. I have one on the doodlebug and will be putting one on the pickup also. I like 'em and the public expects it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Yes us grownups like them too! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

I have one on my "Pile of Parts" T huckster. A good friend is restoring a '47 Willys Jeep, and it had a 6 volt Aoogah on it. I traded him the correct Jeep horn for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

Ignacio, please check your fan bushings, your belt looks to be running very close to the rear of the pulley,grab a fan blade and pry it back and forth,there should be no play.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

I have an incorrect 6 volt ahooga horn as well. But it fits really well with my speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:30 pm:

I have the correct horn on my car...sounds like a duck...I love it.

But I will be adding a 6V ahoooga horn as well. I'll mount it under the car somewhere.

Any recommendations on which commercially available ahoooga horn makes the best and most complete ahoooga sound? I don't care what it looks like as it will be hidden.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:38 pm:

"Kids asked for it, love it, can't keep them off of it." That's too funny! And yet priceless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:13 am:

Is it a problem hooking up an oogah horn on a model t, as the model a oogah horn has a positive ground?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 12:58 pm:

Brent,
Hadn't thought about it, but considering the wave washer is shaped same up and down parts, it shouldn't matter which way the motor turns, although one could swap brush wires to keep it turning clockwise--the only effect I can think of is the possible loosening of the nut that holds the wave washer on if the motor turns counterclockwise (observing rotation from the commutator end of the motor).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

We have 6 different horns on the 12 back in the 60s and 70s every body have at least 2 extra horns on there car. wolf,air more,and explosion whistles,bermuda bell, 15 t mag horn, ahooga stock horn and coming soon cuckoo bird whistle Its always a hit in parades.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

Just finished rebuilding my horn and it makes a QUWAAAAAAAAAAK. Love it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

I am replacing the one on my 27 roadster and going use it on Rufus my rough little 26 rpu. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

Yep Sarajane has an incorrect horn as well, everyone expects it wherever go

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

Thanks David, I will be putting one on soon

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration