Wood block size.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wood block size.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phillip Maurici on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 07:06 am:

I need size and hole location for wood blocks that go on frame in the rear of a 1927 touring.
They sell whole sets for about $50. I want to make my own out of oak that I have. Do not need the whole set. Lasng's had them on backorder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 07:24 am:

Give me a couple hours and I can measure the ones I have downstairs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 07:36 am:

1x3-3/4 high x 5" long

The long edges have chamfers and the hole is central on the top 1" wide edge.

These are new ones from Bob's.

I can photo later if you need it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 10:36 am:

And these sketches and dimensions of the other blocks for the '26-'27 might help too.

http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/body%20blocks/BodyBlock.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

Make them out of Maple, much better than oak for this part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 05:52 am:

Phil sent me a PM requesting photos of the blocks I have for my '26 Touring. As luck would have it, I was getting ready to paint these so they were handy.

There are four blocks with two holes. They go in front of the front seat and under the front seat behind the curtain pan. The last two sit with one hole sit vertically at the rear inside the body sills.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 07:50 am:

Are there similar blocks for a 1923 runabout?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:20 am:

Mark - no, '25 and earlier bodies are already built on two long "wood blocks", so it's not needed :-)
The blocks in the 26/27 T's fills up the u-channels in the steel body subframe under those bodies so they can be bolted to the frame without crushing them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration