I'm back!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I'm back!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 08:03 am:

After I sold my T truck post divorce, I always regretted it. Today I bought a mostly complete 1924 chassis to help with my withdrawal symptoms. Wish me luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 08:15 am:

Good luck and welcome back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 09:56 am:

Yes, welcome back. I understand posting pictures of your progress helps with the withdrawls :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

How well l remember selling off some of my stuff to settle with X.
I also remember telling her she could keep her huge Barbie doll collection.Because l suppose l felt bad for my having to end it.When a couple years later she shipped all that stuff to a doll auction house and netted over ten grand,all l got was a grin,from a mouth full of teeth l paid for.
Working on a T is good therapy for times in life like this.in life like this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

Welcome back. I'm in the same club. Fortunately, nothing sold off. Great to see you back Rob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

Life gets complicated doesn't it? T's do help make everything better for many of us.
Glad you are back.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

Experience says "Do a pre-nup!" (Especially for the 2nd time around...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

Love is a many splintered thing....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

Marv, I sold it because I drove us in it from the ceremony to the reception. Be damned if I was going to look at daily. Should have just changed bodies!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

Rob,

I thought perhaps an ex wife was posting ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

Welcome back! Actually, I thought you were still one of us, T or no T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

Rod did that exact same thing sold my freshly done T speedster to settle my divorce few months later bought a prodject speedster
Not as fresh not as nice but just as much fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 12:41 am:

Rob, regret selling the model T or regret getting married and divorced? I think I know. Welcome back and good luck with your new project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 04:51 am:

Rob & Rob,

Very sorry to hear of both your divorces, but very glad you are both back out and about enjoying your Fords! Carry on!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Welcome back, I just came "back" myself after at least a decade. After doing a bit of travelling and moving about I am close to getting settled and have dug my T parts out of storage which involved an 8ooo mile trip across the country. I'm still unpacking bits and pieces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 12:18 am:

A friend in Seattle was approaching the 25th anniversary. He asked his wife what she would like for a gift. She told him a face lift and some perky boobs.

He accommodated her to the tune just at 20 grand. After she healed up they went to Hawaii for 10 days. Upon arriving back at the Seattle airport, she actually handed him divorce papers and then proceeded to meet up with her new lover, leaving my friend standing in the luggage line.

It cost him several T's 2 boobs and a fresh face, plus a Duesenburg powered Roamer. He died a very biter guy.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 02:12 am:

Good luck!
Have you driven your chassis around, sittin' on the gas tank yet? ;-) You know we want pictures!

Hormonal issues and then more hormones prescribed for fun (not) just about hammered the wedge deep enough to crack me and mine apart. Just about. She sees it too.
In that way, I don't know who'd be happier... The ones that let it all go or the ones that tough it out. I've never been on a surfboard but I've ridden MANY waves.
In my world, hormones are Scary Monsters but they sure don't live under the bed, they're in your face.
I have that album yet still don't understand David Bowie...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration