Interesting article on fuels for the Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Interesting article on fuels for the Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 09:31 am:

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/04/23/fact-check-henry-ford-didnt-design-the- model-t-as-a-multi-fuel-vehicle/?refer=news

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 09:44 am:

Good article---debunks much of the "information" about alternate fuels for the Model T----Thanks for posting...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 10:08 am:

I'm bookmarking that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 10:38 am:

But will it run on unleaded gas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

I know Steve is joking, but there's one product name that bugs me every time I see it--"UNleaded gas." EEXCUUUUSE ME!! Gas doesn't come leaded, it's add to it, so gas is NOT "UNleaded" it's just "Non-leaded." But I know I will never win this one, just had to speak my mind.
Back to the previous programming, This was only a public service announcement; if it had been a real crises, further information would have been given. . .
:-)
Keep Calm and Carry On! NO!!! Run like Hell, the end is here!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

I had always heard the ran all different fuels sources but have never tried anything just gas. I do try to buy what is advertised as 100 percent gasoline. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

I always figured that the Model T was designed to run on gasoline but because of variability in what was available it could be tuned one way or another to run on just about any crap you put in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

And while we're on the subject, why do gas stations call regular gas unleaded, when the other grades also have no lead? The lead went away decades ago, so I think it's safe to call regular gas regular now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

I believe Wikipedia and an automotive radio talk show host need to be bombarded with this article.

Or just just let the uneducated masses remain just so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

David, i just want to know if the unleaded gas is flammable or inflammable?😕

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration