'23 TOURING, FLOORBOARD RISERS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: '23 TOURING, FLOORBOARD RISERS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Finally, I was able to install my sheet metal floorboard risers. Needless to say, they had been abused.But I was able to beat, bend and twist them back into shape and have them installed. I have a copy of Leon's plans. My question is this: Should there be some wood strips (strainers)that should be in that area to allow for upholstery nailing?
Thank you-Paul in Tacoma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

Just the side wood of the dash support and door pillar.

The cardboard kick panel lower edge is trimmed in compound curve to meet the metal retainer of the risers. The sides of the kick panel are tacked with welting to the sides, the upper end at the windshield stanchion is held with the carriage bolts thru the panel there, and secured with hex nuts visible under the sides of the instrument panel.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration