TWS ROCKY MOUNTAIN LINING

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: TWS ROCKY MOUNTAIN LINING
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

I know I will get lots of opinions, but that's OK. What is good for relining rocky Mountain Brakes? Looking for better than the vendors carry. Should it be metallic or non metallic? What thickness? Wire woven into it or not? Where to order from?

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

I'm pretty happy with the "Green Gripper" lining material that I got from Chaffin's for my original AC brakes. It has brass fibers woven through it.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

Whatever performs best without causing undue wear on the moving parts is the best!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

I ordered some of this material in a sheet from McMaster-Carr once and used it to reline the clutch on a D5 Cat once and it worked very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

What ever lining you get, make sure it has the brass wires running thru it. The wires help dissipate the heat. The brass is soft so should not cause undo wear on the drums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

The correct size is 1 1/2" X 3/16.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration