Piston ring preference

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Piston ring preference
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

Which rings do you guys prefer? I'm about to tear my recent acquisition apart and expect to at least re-ring it. Last year, I put Grant rings on new Egge pistons and didn't care for the oil rings having that little plastic bead on them. Lang's sells both Grant and Hastings. Any advise would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 08:42 am:

I've done many engines with Hasting cast iron rings with no problems. I think Grant is just a little bit cheaper material but is still OK for a T .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 09:26 am:

Thanks. I did an older search and found that Herm also favors the Hastings.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration