Where the running board meets the splash apron questions.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Where the running board meets the splash apron questions.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

I just had some work done on the splash aprons on my '24 Touring, and I'm ready to put them back on. My question is, is there a piece of rubber or the like that is supposed to go in the channel where the running board edge rests in the splash apron? Or does it just lay in there? Seems like some rubber would stop some rattling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

NO rubber, don't think there would be room for it anyway. Also better chance of trapping and holding moisture in the groove if there was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 11:00 pm:

Next, lets get your terminology corrected. What you should be referring to is a splash shield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

Would drain holes be useful in the groove of the splash shields?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

The groove is open at both ends so water should drain out, but holes are a good idea anyway.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration