Stonechip Shield

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Stonechip Shield
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Watt - Bedfordshire UK on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 04:34 am:

I am restoring a '15 Tourer and am about to apply the cellulose top coat after much priming, filling and rubbing down. It struck me that the underside of the fenders are likely to suffer from stones being thrown up by the wheels. Has any one used any form of stone guard to prevent this?
Colin
UK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 06:19 am:

Colin, I used it under the mudguards on my 1912 van and my 1917 shooting brake. It saves a lot of headaches trying to fill rust pitting in panelwork. I had the van sprayed on by a panel shop. Nice fine finish, almost smooth, just like sill panels on new cars. On the brake I used a Canadian made pressure pack product. Easy to use once you detremine how far to hold the can from the panel. Closer gives a coarser finish.

I used it again on some 27 guards for a customer recently. It saves star chips on the flat surfaces as rocks hit from below.

Just make sure whatever you source is paintable. Some underbody products are not.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration