OT - Drove the 1907 to Church, and added a 1907 song.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Drove the 1907 to Church, and added a 1907 song.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Nothing too exciting, just a video driving our 1907 Model K to Church Sunday morning. It was nice to have warm weather in the morning, and the car ran flawlessly.

I added one of my favorite Church Hymns, and while researching, learned the lyrics were composed in.........

1907 was the banner year for the Model K, and during the summer of 07 the Ford six won numerous high profile races and competitions while setting a world speed/endurance records. Over the next few months I'll highlight these 110 year old events:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3c7babswj79m0o/Video%20Apr%2023%2C%209%2047%2020%20PM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Wonderful, Rob!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

Beautiful song for a beautiful day and a great run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

Good on ya Rob!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 03:07 pm:

Atta boy, Rob :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

I believe that was one of my grandmother's favorites. I recognized it immediately, and it brought back fond memories. Of course, what is not to love about the music? (I have always been a fan of Beethoven!) And pipe organ is one of the best forms of music ever (Bach influence).
You are doing good Rob! Also apparently doing well (those are two distinctly different things). Glad to see you out and about. Looking forward to more of your K connection postings.
Be well my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

So nice I played it twice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

LIKE and thanks :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

Thanks guys. Wednesday will be three weeks since hip replacement. The 26th will be seven months since sending the wife out. I'm glad the hip replacement is coming along well. I lost my "old car passion" through the course of the separation and almost complete divorce. I'm beginning to gain motivation to drive and work on the cars again. All things take time......

Thanks again fellow T and Ford enthusiasts.....
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration