Suggestion on how to add speakers and music for parade

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Suggestion on how to add speakers and music for parade
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

I am getting a 1921 ready for our towns memorial day parade. I would like to play the military themes for the army navy marines and airforce loud enough for the crowds, on each side of a two lane road to hear. I have Ipods etc to record music on. I have a 6 volt system but can add a 12 volt battery and 110 volt inverter. So any suggestion appreciated I assume I will need to buy 1 or 2 speakers to mount on the front fender bumper ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

I guess it depends on who else is in the parade and where the organizers put you. I was going to do as you are planning but the "old cars" were always right in front of, or right behind, either the town's emergency equipment with their sirens screeching, or the high school bands, which made up in volume what they may have lacked in finesse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

Look into Blue Tooth speakers. They are small, remote, do not require any hookups or wiring and some can stay charged for up to 12 hours of playing time. They are also durable. Any electronic store has them for sale-Best Buy, etc. They can put out a lot of sound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

You could go old tech and carry a boom box with the music on cassette (Remember those?). Recently I bought a very good one at an auction for $3.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

years ago the Chico Model A club (sorry, not T club) would do an unapproved 4th of July parade through Downtown Chico. Since the city had dropped having one, the club just did it--without a permit. At the time I had a roadster, so took a boom box and put it on the package tray playing Sousa Marches as we drove through downtown. Seemed to work pretty well--of course we didn't have marching bands nor fire-truck sirens to deal with either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Last year for the 4th of July parade we did just what you are wanting to do. It was patriotic music. We played the tunes via a I pod, but had a honda generator running the sound system, two large speakers on the back. This of course was on our TT. We placed first in our class.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

How about something like this. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

Steve, cassettes are old school and very cool....Just don't forget to have a pencil handy at signs of trouble. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:01 am:

Just get a couple of Altec Lansing bluetooth speakers. They have their own rechargeable power source and can be linked to any device with bluetooth capability (smartphone, laptop).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:30 am:

Or something like this?

All jokes aside in Thailand they will mount speakers into bumpers, I did not get a picture of one of the smaller vans but heres a common bus.

Ok well maybe not all jokes aside and a little more OT just how many mirrors can you count?

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the mechanics German, the lovers Italian and it's all organised by the Swiss. Hell is where the chefs are British, the mechanics French, the lover's Swiss, the police German and it's all organised by the Italians

But to work back on topic when it comes to a party upcountry in Thailand where the desire to create music from a slow moving vehicle it is common to load with speakers (stage speakers stacked up maybe 10 feet tall and 12 feet across) and then power them with a portable generator. Without going to the extreme here a friend of mine has a wireless speaker/amp and powers it via phone or anything blue tooth. The sound is very loud and being a wireless speaker so long as the internal battery is charged it is good to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:42 am:

Chad, you think those are mirrors? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 09:58 am:

On my WWII jeep, we take a small MP3 player and the largest portable speakers we can and put them in a ammo box with holes drilled for the sond. It's pretty loud and we play the same music for the big band era or military songs of the wra. The battery charge lasts about 6 hours.
My friend saw the idea and did the same thing with a 45 record case and puts rock n roll music in his 1960 Edsel and leaves it in the rear seat playing during car shows.

Yu could find an old tool box or piece of luggase on each running board and do the same thing. I think the volumn level will be yur main issue to play over not only the sound of the T engine and the vehicles around you, but the crowd noise and other parade related noises.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:47 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTQyyhZXO8M

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 11:45 am:

I'm with Steve. _The simplest, cheapest and easiest way to go is a portable
Boom-Box with a built-in CD player, of which there are plenty for sale, online.

Then get the "Our Gang"/"Little Rascals" CD (above) from this website (The original music was re-recorded in a modern studio and the sound quality is just wonderful):

https://www.amazon.com/Hunks-Original-Little-Rascals-Music/dp/B000005YQ4

You can listen to them online here:

http://heustess.com/music.htm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration