Trying to align the fender to the body of a 20 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Trying to align the fender to the body of a 20 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Olsen on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

I'm reworking a '20 touring and am wondering how the edge of the rear fender is supposed to follow the embossing on the body. (On mine the fender is about two inches from the emboss at the door and 1 inch at the rear of the car.) A closeup picture of how they meet would be appreciated and maybe a measurement too.
Thanks,
Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

Try putting the wood block in between the fender and running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Olsen on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 07:39 am:

Thank you Jack. I see a wood block belongs on the '16 and earlier but not with the '20. If I were to put one on this car it make the difference even more pronounced. Does anyone have a picture showing a side view of the car with clarity of how the fender and body meet up along the embossed body ridge?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration