Molded this up tonight

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Molded this up tonight
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 12:58 am:

Can you guess what it is?

And I still have two more parts to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 02:12 am:

Looks like a genuine thing-a-ma-bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:12 am:

It's a radar gun for Model T's

A hair dryer for bald guys

A parakeet perch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:34 am:

A potato gun?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:55 am:

dropped spindle for a speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:08 am:

A vortex tube air cooler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Stromberg Hotspot control valve body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:13 am:

I think you got it Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

Ed did get it right. Tonight I'll do the handle and the valve for the inside. Still trying to figure out how to develop a build pattern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

Jerome, Is it sheet metal or a casting? Siemens NX, SolidWorks or Catia could flatten your sheet metal part to make a pattern easily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

Working in Inventor, still working on getting a handle on "sheet metal". This rendering is not done in sheet metal but reg. Inventor. The goal is to get to the point where I can get the patterns modeled up to stamp this out of a piece of sheet metal. The handle will be easy and I will work on that tonight, but the "tubing" shape that is made from bending a flat piece together is taking more time than I thought. I may have to do it the old fashioned way and draw it out 2D then bring it into sheet metal and "bend" it. I have 3 weeks till finals are over and this was I hoped a quick thing that would take my mind off class work but is taking longer than I thought. If I can't "get" it tonight I post the pics of what I have and will have to work on it after finals. J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Jerome,
Back when I was taking computer graphics--the old dark ages on dumb terminals tied to a mainframe and utilizing SlumberJ software (egads, I remember all this??) I drew up scale plans to build a Stanley 1907 "Gentleman's Speedy Roadster" "Will do 60mph on a good road." Since I was planning on building this for my own project, I utilized Model T axles and wheels (OK, for the front axle I took just the ends and inserted them into a piece of heavy-wall tubing) this changed the geometry a bit from the Stanley axle ad the tube on theirs is at the center of the spindles--and the computer showed me that I had to add spacers to keep the car level! Anyway, put way too much time into it, but it got me an A and my file was used to show others what could be done. This was so far back, that I remember coming out of the lab one day (I pulled a few "all-nighters" back then) and someone said, "The Bay Bridge Collapsed! I didn't believe them at first, but yep, big earthquake that I didn't feel in the basement computer lab. That's how long ago it was!!
So, don't feel like you're the only student who used his old-car hobby in Class assignments!
PS, no I never built it & now I doubt I will, but it was fun taking photos of original cars and known dimensions to come up with the plans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

In the down position, the valve is open.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 01:56 am:

Too much time? Im an expert on that.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration