Brewsters shop-non Auto, but neat-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Brewsters shop-non Auto, but neat-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:32 am:

I thought you model train guys might enjoy seeing this.
These were expensive. They had a lot overhead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:59 am:

They must have had a Loco Motive for doing that.
Rich

(too early?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Looks like the Locomotive from "Back to the Future" that could fly?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 09:44 am:

Holy crap that's one helluva crane!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:26 am:

It would seem they were proud of their cranes:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9b/8a/9e/9b8a9ea26dafa31bd0ebda6a 45bddb2a.jpg

It also looks like the facility is still in use:

http://thecourier.typepad.com/alongtherightofway/2013/04/a-tour-of-wle-brewster- shops.html

There is a locomotive shop of this vintage still standing in Philadelphia. It is now used for other purposes. I was in it about six years ago and was certain I took photos, but they might have been on a camera that crashed about that time. It still had a crane set-up like this and I was told it was capable of lifting locomotives.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:34 am:

Richard,

It took a lot of training.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Thanks Jerry. I got side tracked.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:55 am:

Can you say "Tensile Strength"......Sure you can! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 11:31 am:

The 2010 film "unstoppable" with Denzel Washington used the Brewster, Ohio yards and surrounding country side as some of their shooting locations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Would you risk your life standing under a locomotive?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

Wheeling & Lake Erie new shop show off to the public day?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

God Bless Metallurgy! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 06:38 pm:

Think I could borrow that to set the hogshead on my engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

The Illinois Central still has one operating in Champaign,Il. It is some thing to watch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 12:05 am:

Jay, I do hope that metal doesn't have the lurgy!!

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration