Old Photo - Brass Era - Heading Out the Gate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Brass Era - Heading Out the Gate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:55 am:

Very nice. Is that a leather dash board cover?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Looks like someone pencilled in the crop lines.... HEY! wait a minute, is that the old guy from Karate Kid?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 11:33 am:

If you copy the picture using an old fashioned B&W Xerox machine, the blue lines won't show up in the copy. Try it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

I thought it was a Limbo pole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don A on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

Interesting 1914, right hand drive, open bell horn, lipped fenders and all brass E&J sidelights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 04:52 pm:

That's a well-known photo, i have a vague memory of seeing it captioned as Sir Harry Lauder (Scots music-hall star). Not about to get out of bed to check my library!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 06:04 am:

I just looked at about a hundred photos of Sir Harry Lauder, and I don't think that is him. The gentlemen in the car appears too old for the age of the car. And several facial features just don't look right for Harry.
He was a great (and loud) singer, quite popular as a performer even though his musical style wasn't the most popular mode of the day. Being part Scottish myself, I like it!

Roamin' in the gloamin' on the bonny banks o' Clyde
Roamin' in the gloamin' with my lassie by my side
When the sun has gone to rest
That's the time we love the best
Ach, it's lovely roamin' in the gloamin'

Love it!

Oh well. Beautiful T regardless!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Can someone post a photo without the Lines I don't have a Xerox machine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration