No speedometer? No problem!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: No speedometer? No problem!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

My son bought me this cell phone holder that suctions to the windshield. The arm is firm but flexible. I use a speedometer app that shows the mph, distance, average speed, etc.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson - Omaha NE on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

I bought a holder similar to yours, but the arm was not strong enough to keep my iphone7 upright. I took the arm off and glued a magnet to the back. Works on my steel dash, probably not so well on your wood. There are many, many free GPS speedometer aps, pick the one with the display you like best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

This is the one I use. I think it was around $30 at Best Buy. The suction cup is almost permanently tacky, but doesn't leave a residue. If it gets dusty, I wipe it off with a damp rag and it's good as new. It'll stick to painted surfaces, glass and textured dashes. It holds my iPhone 7 just fine. A little tight if you have one of the "Plus" iPhones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

I use a similar device for my gadget. Just won't work for video. Like to see what other people are using for video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

A bicycle speedometer mounts nicely on the horn button. Under $25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

For $60 I have a bicycle GPS. Rechargeable, odometer, trip counter and speedometer about 1.5"quare. I mount it on the lower left corner of the windshield with Velcro. Fantastic, no wires easy to see/use, accurate,love it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration