Belt driven distributor, are these very common?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Belt driven distributor, are these very common?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Found this pic, interesting?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Hard to tell from the pic, is it a toothed belt?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

Someone was making and selling belt driven distributors years ago but I forgot who made them. Someone in California, I think. They show up on cars every once and awhile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Jess Blaker or one of his buddies in Turlock CA were the makers of these. Quite a few cars that were built around that area had them as an alternative to the poor quality aftermarket distributors available at the time. They were pretty simple- a flame cut bracket, a Vega distributor, two timing belt sprockets and a timing belt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Simple and effective. I like it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration