Stripped down Torpedo RHD?-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Stripped down Torpedo RHD?-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 08:42 am:

It has the correct horn, but turned around.
Do you think the photo is reversed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 08:58 am:

I think it's reversed because you can see what looks like the curved tailpipe coming off the back of the muffler on the left side of the car.

Looks like they even removed the running board brackets. The gas tank almost looks like it has been moved reward or there's something different mounted back there. That's odd since so many had them repositioned to the back of the seat to make room for a toolbox on the rearmost part of the deck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 09:05 am:

The position of the tailpipe right over the differential places the exhaust on the left side due to parallax effect. I agree with you, printing the photo reversed would account for this.

IMHO, TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Odd then that the speedometer is where it is. Also the front tires look the same size as the rears (typical of Canadian cars). The tail pipe looks on the near side to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 09:31 am:

The photo is reversed. The fellow sitting on the door has his buttons on the left side of his shirt.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 09:55 am:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 10:12 am:

I think Les is right. When I look a at a car here from the same angle the pipe appears as though it's on the other side of the differential, but it's already so close to center that looking at it from that angle things seem to cross paths. Counterintuitive, but there it is. That must be a speedometer cable dropping down from the dash which would indicate we're looking that the proper right side of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Ken
He may be left handed and his shirt is "customized "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Drone-Ypsilanti, MI on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

I don't think that is a speedometer cable. I think it may be the tubing for the acetylene headlights. It goes behind the gentleman's (who is sitting on the hood) boots.

just a guess.
Patrick
Ypsilanti

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Interesting thought, but where's the gas supply?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration