Old Photo - Unloading? Loading? Model T's At The Dock

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Unloading? Loading? Model T's At The Dock
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 11:09 am:

What's that big car forward with the whitewall side mount - looks like it's missing its rear axle ?? ;- )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

Rich, to me it appears to be part of the ship and a life preserver??

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Probably the port side enclosed bridge wing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

That cabin is part of the ship, it is the pilot house for the ship's harbor pilot for docking. The white thing is a life preserver.
It would be interesting to see how those completed 1926 style cars were stowed in the ship's cargo hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 04:13 pm:

Are you guys absolutely certain it isn't the Pierce Arrow from that Buster Keaton movie that was linked the other day ? They repainted it black ! ;- ) If you look really close you can see Dennis' parakeet perched on the foremast !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

I wonder what they use to lift with, The cables seem to go through the spokes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 06:17 pm:

Rich B. I recognize your mystery car from a previous discussion. I understand no parakeets were harmed in it's modifications.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Doesn't the smoke stack say Ford on the side. Did Ford have there on ships?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

Yup, it says Ford on the stack. I've seen photos before of Ford ships and train cars at the Rouge plant. See the guy walking along the center of the dock? He must be a real "T guy". He seems unconcerned that the T above him could fall. He also has a T shaped head, maybe from the last car that fell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:46 am:

I did a Google search and came up with this:

Ford MV East Indian. Was built as a steam ship and Henry re-powered with diesels.

I believe it was wrecked in 1942.
MV East Indian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:57 am:

TT's in the foreground.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration