Closed Express Tow Truck..

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Closed Express Tow Truck..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 11:53 am:

One of my Express bodies being put to good use.. Kevin did a beautiful job w/ this restoration... www.everettcurrierfarm.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Oops, I meant to say Keith no Kevin.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

Please enlighten me if I am wrong. I had been told the 'Express' cab applied to only the enclosed steel cab, which I understand to have been introduced about 1924. Info, please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Marv

Ford didn't coined the description of Express Cab, that was a common term in the early days, likely from early horse drawn express wagons for hauling lighter loads short distances.

Here is a good read on early truck bodies (1922)
http://www.coachbuilt.com/com/commercial.htm

For express bodies, many styles, open and closed cab, catalog pages from Mifflinburg Body Co.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Murray on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 07:10 pm:

Hanson's Wheel Shop has a page on their website dedicated to the Express Wagon, defined thus:
"Light-weight delivery wagon, having raves or flare-boards above the wheels to support and protect an overhanging load". Sounds very familiar!

Photos and citations can be found here:
https://www.hansenwheel.com/history-of-the-express-wagon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 12:57 am:

Thanks, Guys!
I've learned something today.
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 05:58 am:

Don't worry ..... I've been called a lot worse than Kevin..... and thanks again for the great job you did on the body!!!!! I'll be calling soon for my next project

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 06:36 am:

Thank you Keith... Had no idea she was going to be a wrecker.....soooooo cool..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 07:08 am:

Wasn't planned but someone in NY had this wrecker so I couldn't resist...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 07:47 am:

Great looking truck and that Manley crane looks familiar
Beautiful job..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 08:12 am:

Thanks Jim.... I forgot who I got it from..... it's been awhile.... it was great meeting you that day and touring your beautiful property

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:34 am:

In the day, "express" meant "delivery", hence the carry over to the body
style.

It wasn't Wells Fargo Delivery Co., it was Well Fargo Express Co. ! I suppose
the term also insinuated a "speedy delivery" as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 07:44 pm:

The day Keith picked her up at the shop.. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration