Is this brake set complete?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is this brake set complete?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

all, I was going to purchase this set of RM brakes, but I don't know if the set is complete. It's for a small drum. Does it look all there?

thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

Looks complete except for maybe a clevis and clevis pins. This is not a Rocky Mountain brake setup, it is a an interpretation of one of the other outside brake setups. Rocky Mountain is a brand not a style and (OP) price should reflect that and be lower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

ohhh...gotcha, I thought it looked a tad different that regular RM brakes....thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 03:55 pm:

It looks like there's no pedal included either. You'll need to either purchase a pedal with the extension that connects to the linkage, or have the necessary extension welded to your current brake pedal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

The collar on the short shaft fits on the brake pedal shank, this set did not use the pedal with the extension.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

Thanks, Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

hey dave!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

I wouldn't use those! A real Rocky Mountain, or an AC brake uses cables with an equalizer. It's difficult for me to answer a question like yours when the product isn't correct to begin with!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 12:02 am:

I had a set of these, they work as well as any other small drum accessory brake. Looks like it is pretty complete, maybe short a return spring.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration