Six volt L.E.D. turn signal lights.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Six volt L.E.D. turn signal lights.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Marble on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

I would like purchase some six volt negative ground L.E.D. red and amber two inch diameter lights that are brighter than the truck clearance lights that I am using now. Does anyone know of a source for these. Brad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

Maybe some information from this older post?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/283631.html?1335670663

There was a thread awhile back wherein the complaint was the "then available" L.E.D. lights were VERY directional - (but you already know that) - and unless mounted in a forward facing (or rear facing for taillights) the visibility was not that great. Rumor was that some firm was developing an omnidirectional LED - perhaps another reader will have discovered that source.

Good Luck !

(Incidentally, Harbor Freight has a slick 2+ inch rubber surrounded waterproof trailer light that fits nicely inside the lanterns on my '15. Took out the burner for a better fit, but did nothing to destroy the parts and the burner can be replaced by the next owner. Then again, I'm running a 12 volt battery with a "Regan" magneto battery charger)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Brad,

Maybe use this and open up your LED options:

https://www.amazon.com/DIGITEN-Converter-Regulator-Waterproof-Module/dp/B019GY2F LW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493237792&sr=8-1&keywords=6v+12v+step+up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 04:58 pm:

Mike's A-Fordable Model A sells a set that works on 6 or 12v, neg or pos earth. Not saying the lights would suit your purpose but wonder if any of our tech whizz kids can explain how they work. All other suppliers tell me their lights are only one voltage or polarity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

I have 6v LEDs on my Model A that fit right inside the standard A tail light drum and work very well, even in the daylight. Got them from Brattons

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration