Not sure need opinions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Not sure need opinions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

I changed my 27 from vaporizer to Nh carb a Few weeks ago and bought the carb linkage adapter set from langs that goes from the head to the carb. Great pArt. My question is the throttle rod from the column needs to be bent down about 1 1/2 where the vaporizer rod slips onto the linkage conversion. Everything is perfect besides the rod needs to be bent. The last of question is do I need to heat the rod to bend it or bend it cold. Or can you buy a correct rod from the column to the langs linkage kit that lines up correctly. Bending it isn't a real problem except I don't have another if it breaks. Thanks in advance for the info.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

I've had to make new throttle rods, and had no trouble bending them cold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Steve mine looks like I could just take it off the column and bend it In a vise on the opposite end, the column end won't need anything as best I can tell. How did you Bend yours? Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 01:15 am:

I put enough of the end in a vise for the hook, bend the long piece over by hand, and whack it square with a hammer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 04:28 am:

Is it the little lever sitting on the throttle rod on the column that you want to adjust? They're forged and quite tough, but I wouldn't want to twist it a lot - rather move it to the correct position and pin it in place. But the vendor's linkage is supposed to solve this without repositioning of levers? Some pictures wanted..

Most of the '27 model year engines still had the hole in the web between cylinder 2 & 3, so if you have that hole the easiest way to install a NH is to add a lever on the rod down where they used to be on the prior years and get or make a throttle rod that goes through the engine. Clamp on levers are available: https://www.modeltford.com/item/6297.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:01 am:

Are we discussing the rod, or the lever?

Timer and throttle rods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:06 am:

When I get home I will take pictures of mine. I went to home depot bought some rod bent and drilled it to fit my needs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration