Time For More Miles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Time For More Miles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

We are finally getting good T weather. We put a few hundred miles on the 24 this week. I have made a few adjustments on it, but the only problem was a pin hole in the float. It was a good thing I had a shut off valve on it or I would have lost a tank of gas. Taking the carburetor apart I found mud in the bottom of the float bowl. I drained the shut off valve at the tank and found a lot of grit in it. The tank looked perfect inside when I installed it. I'll drain it after each days run until it comes out clean. I'm also carrying a spare float and valve just in case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

Dan,that is one of the best looking top's I have ever seen on a touring car.You did a great job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

Thanks Jack, I really appreciate your compliment. I bought the top from Classtique before Elizabeth sold out to Mike. I had it stored until last fall when I finished up this car. I did have major problems with it, and contacted Mike for advise. Even though I didn't purchase it from him, he was more than helpful even to the point of sending me extra hardware at no charge. He also told me to contact Elizabeth if I wanted to, and she would be more than happy to help also. I contacted her and she was extremely helpful. I used advise I received from both of them, plus some things I thought of. Like anything else, if I was to do it again, I could make some improvements on it. The customer service I received from Classtique is unbelievable. They certainly go beyond the extra mile to satisfy a customer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

Hehehe, I've had your post open since yesterday and didn't even see the top! It is nice!
I've just been drooling over your great looking Touring. It is a handsome car.
Your talk about Classtique makes me anxious to place a couple orders with them; unless the wife wants a short road trip to place them in person.
Nice post Dan!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

Thanks Duey, glad you enjoyed it. Classtique will treat you well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration