My project sees daylight for the first time

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: My project sees daylight for the first time
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

I thought you folk might like to see some pics....
My shed was well overdue for a clean-out, so yesterday I rolled the cars out in order to clean the floor.
I took the opportunity to take some pics of the Speedster in daylight for the first time.
Its now ready to go to the body builder to have the fenders, hood, running boards and seats installed and painted. I'm just waiting for his call.....but not holding my breath.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

She's a beutiful redhead!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

That speedster looks great, both car do. What type of shocks are on that speedster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Rob,
I'm curious - does the speedster run as good as it looks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

Nice. How do you put gas in it without a filler cap ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Dallas,
Thank you.....we both have weakness's for redheads then?

Dennis,
Thank you. The shocks are new friction shocks made by "Antique T Motorsports" La Habra CA.

Henry,
I haven't got as far as putting fluids in it yet, but once it does fire up, in theory it should go well. Scat crank, Egge 020 pistons, Chaffins 280 cam, Wakesha Ricardo head, Stromberg OF etc etc.

George,
I don't trust myself to install the brass gas filler. Its a thing of beauty and I'd hate to damage it so I'm leaving that for someone who knows what they're doing.

Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Wow Rob,

You make me glad I was able to be part of such a wonderful piece of work. Great stuff. Remind me not to get in your way on the road!

Cheers, Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

WOW ! Lots of power !! How do you plan on stopping it < as RDRicks would ask ??? RIP Ralph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

Beautiful :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

Oh my.
Beautiful automobiles!
You had me at that DARK rim against that brass spider and steering gear. Uff da.
Dang redheads... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

I like red heads too ... :-) looks very nice ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

Allan,
Thank You.....and that means a lot to me, coming from you.

George,
There will soon be a set of RM brakes attached. (And I too miss RDR.)

Duey C,
Redheads!......sigh.........and Thanks.

Donnie,
Thank You too.

Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

Ignacio,
Sorry I missed you...."Thanks".
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 12:07 am:

Looks nice. Those look like A wheels? Where did you get brass hubcaps? I'm using A wheels on mine, the 21" ones and would like brass caps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 12:27 am:

Looks real nice!! Aesthetically pleasing. Certainly 1st class workmanship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 12:30 am:

Corey,
They are indeed model A wheels. I turned up some collars and welded them to the wheels so it'd have brass hubcaps. All I need to do now is loose the chrome lug nuts.....somehow.
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 12:54 am:

Rob, you may like them as-is, but you can make your chrome lug nuts match your brass hub caps by having them coated with Titanium Nitride. It's extremely hard and durable, won't get scratched by tools (or even if you try to scuff it on concrete). And at least in the U.S. it's pretty cheap.

Again, just personal preference. I like chrome, OR brass, but not both at the same time. The TiN coating was mainly for looks more than anything else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 01:40 am:

Seth,
That looks VERY good. All I could find were these chrome lug nuts and until just now, i was going to replace them with black ones. I'll see if I can find someone locally who does Titanium Nitride coatings.
Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 09:31 am:

I had the same problem. I just had to go ahead and get the chrome lug nuts so I had something.

One tip: have the coating place polish the lug nuts both before and after the coating. I didn't get mine polished, and I think they'd match the brass coloring even better if they had be polished before and after. I'm not sure how since it's so hard but I didn't opt to have them polish the TiN coating.

The coating is yellow but it's translucent. It's appearance is largely dictated by the surface finish of what's underneath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Excellent and I especially like the cream chassis with red wheels. Outstanding !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

Looking great Rob. I have assembled a collection of speedster parts a number of times but have moved them on for the money or other projects. Hopefully will still be one in my future at some stage. Looking forward to seeing yours completed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Seth,
I've found a couple of different companies that will do TiN coatings, relatively close by. Both of them manufacture drill bits. I've banged off emails to both of them and await their replies.

Gary & Warwick,
"Thank You"

Cheers,
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration