HEADLIGHT GROUNDING

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: HEADLIGHT GROUNDING
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 07:52 am:

Re my 1927 touring. I am having trouble grounding one of the headlights after restoring the body. I have scraped off plenty of paint but still very dim. The other headlight is okay.
I notice that the focus/adjusting screw is missing on the problem light. Does this have any bearing on grounding
Advice please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Sure, you'll need the focus screw to get an acceptable light - but it's also advisable to add a grounding cable inside the bucket like in this picture Anthony Beckett shared in a 2013 thread:

ttttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 11:14 am:

I added the same grounding wire to both of my headlamps as in Rogerís picture. Works great. Just make sure the wire will clear the focusing slot and screw in the headlamp shell

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration