Old Photo - Model T Era - South Side Main Street, Lester, Iowa

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - South Side Main Street, Lester, Iowa
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

Not a single awning like in the Baker, Oregon picture a few posts above.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

Keith,

Main Street in Baker OR runs north and south. The east side of the street gets a lot of direct afternoon sun. Main Street in Lester IA runs east and west. They probably don't have as much use for awnings.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

Slightly cropped and converted to grayscale with modified brightness and contrast.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

The first two buildings on that side have not survived but most from the third one on are still there,

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

Here is my attempt at enhancing the image. The sign above the auto says "Garage"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Ahhhhhhhh Thanks Jay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

Henry P., Good Point. I missed that these buildings were on the south side of the street, meaning they face north and rarely get direct sunlight.

Thanks for bringing that up.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

Keith,
My wife tells me I need more to do....:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration