? What is with this spider ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: ? What is with this spider ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Going through some nos diff. case spiders I came across this odd one looks to have the T/W mark, pronounced Ford script also letter C in raised letter, the odd thing is the stubs at the end which are machined are only 1/2" long, the regular spider stubs measure 3/4"? please see photo's
thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

Robert, the spider was probably modified for use in a Ruckstell.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

Did someone mention spiders...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

will that work in your rear end? better use lots of 600 w
lol Bob
the spider I have looks to have been machine this way not cut down

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Bob: I don't know what Ruckstell did, but back when I got started, there were still a lot of NOS spiders around, and I had to grind them down to fit. It is possible Ruckstell had a machine that modified the spiders for their kits. I'm sure Glen Chaffin would know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

Dennis! How could you? Ish da! I hate spiders! ('cept diffy pideys).
Eww! I poop my pants when I have to kill one that's the size of a silver dollar. Yuck.
Squish and spray!
Sorry. I wish I knew anything about the differences in the diffy spiders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

Ruckstell did not supply a modified spider. The original Ruckstell instructions say to grind off the ends of the Ford spider to fit the Ruckstell differential assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 08:49 am:

Bob:

Early differential spiders used bronze bushings, that's the reason for the smaller diameter ends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 10:21 am:

same diameter on both these spiders, I talk to Glen Chaffin last night, it is for Ruckstell, thank you forum, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Real or fake I would not get near those things Dennis. Holly smoke.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration