Searching for Old Forum Threads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Searching for Old Forum Threads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

Due to the influx of new forum participants, this is worth mentioning again:

For those willing to search to see if a topic has been covered before (some folks just aren't willing, for some reason), the search utility built into this forum has limitations. Better results can be obtained by using a current search engine, like Google.

Simply include the string "mtfca" with your key words that you are searching for.

For example, for earlier threads on marvel mystery oil:

Using Google, a search for "marvel mystery oil mtfca" produced loads of hits as follows:

https://www.google.com/search?q=marvel+mystery+oil+mtfca&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS737US73 7&oq=marvel+mystery+oil+mtfca&aqs=chrome..69i57.4899j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF- 8

For those who just don't like searching, this post will be of no use, so just carry on. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 05:35 am:

I don't seem to have a lot of trouble with the search function. It works ok for me, as long as I tell it to only search the 2017 forum or only search for the last x number of days. Certainly no computer guru here, but I wonder if the search function's bad rap is due to folks searching the entire history of the forum at once and the poor old thing just can't handle such a request.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Search the MTFCA Keyword Search just one year at a time and you should have no trouble. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration