Anyone in central part with a coil tester

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Anyone in central part with a coil tester
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shane lockard on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Looking to see if anyone at least semi local has a coil tester. Have coils that need reset. One needs new points but a tester isn't in my budget as of now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shane lockard on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

Central pa. Auto correct strikes again. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 03:05 am:

shane L ; I am semi local in the Netherlands, so i can do it for you !!!
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shane lockard on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Thanks for the offer toon but I have to respectfully decline your offer. My post was supposed to say central Pennsylvania. Technology knew better than I so it corrected me on my location. Hoping someone fairly close can help me out. Was trying to teach my 16 year old daughter how to drive the car and something was definitely wrong. Seemed to be holding back quite a bit. Cleaned the carburetor since it has sat in the garage for about 2 years when my divorce started. What I traced it down to was the points on the coil had one contact missing letting a lot bigger gap that seems to be causing a no fire situation on that cylinder. Figured the points were no good now anyhow so I bent the bridge a little to see if the results changed. I know it's not correct but it is at least firing now. Need to get parts and adjust them properly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

I'm glad you still have your T. :-)
I'm no help, I'm in central MN.
I'm really glad you're teaching your girly to drive!!!

(Message edited by Duey_C on May 02, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

Shane ,
If you can find time May 18-20 we will be having the Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet here in Luray VA. Ron Patterson ( The Coil Man ) and Brent Mize ( The Coil Doctor ) and R.V. Anderson will be vendors. All Three are excellent coil vendors. Not to far south for ya.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:22 am:

Replacing points only ??? May have a problem if the internal capacitor is defective... that is if it's the original, it will fail electrically, and most do ,

Need to have an experienced T guy to really check over each coil and rebuild properly to physical & electrical stats. ..... and usually you will not find that locally so pack those coils & send for rebuild.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 07:55 am:

Shane,
Contact me offline. I will be glad to set them for just the price of postage. The goal for all coil rebuilders is to keep the original ignition in the Model T. We offer multiple set up methods. Please call or email me. 614-582-9422 or brentmize@aol.com.
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom D on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

Shane, I sent you a PM. I am in central PA.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration