Bunch of little things make it much better.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Bunch of little things make it much better.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

Did a bunch of little things on Shirley today:

1) New exhaust pipe. Botched the old new exhaust pipe, cut off too much. It kept coming off at the muffler joint. It only took 1.5 inches cut off for a nice, tight fit. Sounds great.

2) Adjusted the brake, reverse, and 1st gear pedals. Wow what a difference! Have to take off the exhaust nut and move it to get a socket onto the 1st gear adjust.

3) Added a through the firewall pickle fork carb needle adjuster. Wow that really helps. How do you get it through the small firewall slot without bending the handle? I bent out the triangle to get it through the small slot in the dash. I could not see any other way to do it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Ignatio, if I remember correctly, I fed mine through from the cabin side, long fork first, let it drop and feed the short fork next and Bob's your uncle!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

I put mine in from the engine side. Tilt the triangle dash end and it will go right through. No bending at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

My dad often used to tell people that "if you cut too little off of something, there wasn't much you could do to fix it. However, if you cut off too much? You could always scab another piece back on!" Most people never "got" it.
Can you spell facetious?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration