Modern seal number for cam on front timing cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Modern seal number for cam on front timing cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:13 am:

looking for the seal number for the cam in the front cover the modern seal number for the seal that goes under the timer on the cam thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:25 am:

I believe that there are several that would work, but one that works for me is SKF 9878.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:26 am:

I take it your previous request wasn't answered correctly?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/750855.html?1493610122

Here is a link to the seal that Lang's sells:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3177OS.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:42 am:

no i forgot about the crank seal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:53 am:

These seals don't always fit precisely as the T was not designed to use one, however a little rtv sealer will glue it in place and it makes no difference which way the seal goes in as there is no pressure to force oil past the seal. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

What Keith says is probably true, but ideally the lip should be pointed into the engine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

SKF9853

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

I had to shim the Lang's camshaft seal to get a tight fit. Silastic on its own didn't stop the seal rotating.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration