Model T Identification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Identification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aidan Boran on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:52 am:

Hi
Recently got this Model T coupe and am trying to help gather some information about it.

According to the log book. its a 1924 Coupe model.

Engine marking indicates a 1921 model (Dec 8th 1921).
Engine block

There is also a number stamped on cross beam just in front of the seat.Seat Frame stamp

Its had a major restoration a few years ago as all of the chassis looks new

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aidan Boran on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:54 am:

A few general photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:08 am:

That looks to be a 1926 or 1927 body and fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:11 am:

The picture of the full car is of a 26 or 27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Yes. 26/27 body with replaced earlier 21 engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:15 am:

The absence of a headlight bar says early 1926. Nice car! (Wrong horn, just if you care to know)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:15 am:

Nice car, welcome to the forum! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Body should be a 1926 (no headlight bar) has engine mounted coil box which is 26 or 27. From what I can see of the valve cover looks like one piece with throttle linkage going through. Engine serial number looks to be 5626165 or December of 1921,so it looks like this is what they call a BITSA car (Bitsa different pieces of anything "T" cobbled together).
Are the transmission pedals roughly the same size or are the clutch and brake significantly larger?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 11:54 am:

The fan pulley mounted on the water outlet is also a 26-27 feature. I'd be interested to see those pedals too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

The generator cut out looks strange and it looks as though there is a water pump on the engine. Not critiquing just informing. Nice looking car wish it were mine. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aidan Boran on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

thanks for all the information. Keep it coming....
As far as I was told, I was build around a 26 model, but needed a 'full restoration' --- hence the various parts...

It has a water pump, starter and generator....

drives very well !pedals

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

25 or earlier transmission, After-market locking steering wheel (Very Nice)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

I think it is a W.P.Seng like this one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

Is that a '21 casting date on the block? Looks also to be a '21 serial number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

OK, I need to start reading more of the posts..I see Mark & G.R. beat me to it! My bad!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

The presence of a water pump suggests possible cooling troubles. That's often a Band-Aid applied to a bad radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

And it looks like you got the earlier transmission too. Hope you have some auxiliary brakes! Large drum rear axle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

The pedal in the last photo indicates it has the later 26-7 transmission, or else the pedals have been swapped.
A minor detail is the longer manifold studs from earlier cars, fitted with the later style clamps designed to be reversed on shorter studs.
It looks a really well done restoration which has produced a nice drive able car. Enjoy.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

It looks like my black 26 coupe.Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 01:00 am:

Allen, the last photo is of a different car, just showing an identical accessory steering wheel.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration