32nd Annual Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 32nd Annual Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

We displayed three examples of Model T Touring Cars yesterday at the 32nd Annual Fabulous Fords Forever car show at Knott's Berry Farm.
The show is mostly Mustangs but we were able to expose the large crowd (including about 1800 cars) to our historic Fords :-)

front

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Nice pic! 1800 cars!? Awesome! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

It's a huge show. I believe it is the world's largest single brand car show. It includes Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Edsel & the Ford powered exotics (Cobra, Detomaso, etc.)

We were asked by John Clinard of Ford to represent the early years of Ford Motor Company.
There were also some nice Model A's in our little corner by the Knott's Church of Reflections where they displayed our cars. The other cars were out in the Knott's parking lot.

s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

And up to a couple of months ago, Knott's could have displayed "Walter Knott's" T touring. Although not the car he had "back in the day," it was the car he bought in 1956 to represent it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stauffacher on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 12:25 am:

This is a great show! Had my Model T on display for several years. It was always a crowd pleaser - spent most of my time answering questions and telling stories!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 12:40 am:

Bill, Looks like you had a great day with perfect weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

I used to go to it when it was $10. They upped the price years ago, and I stopped going. Having to spend a day or more shining up a car, and another 30 mile drive to get it there, they should pay me for the effort! Besides, most of the cars there were Mustangs, and only a handful of T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Our favorite part of the show is all of the obscure and/or common Ford products that come out. There were Mercury Capris, Crown Vic Cop Cars, Pintos, Comets, even a Probe.
This fake wood panel wagon was one example of the bunch. I wish I had taken more photos but we were too busy having fun & eating Mrs. Knott's chicken :-)

wagon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

The rest of my photos:
Our 1915

Tim's 1922

Mark's 1926

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

I found a link to photos of the "non-Mustang" cars in attendance. It looks like this photographer didn't find us back by the church. You do get to see the variety of other Ford products on display.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/frazgo/albums/72157681151808431/page1

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration