Old Photo - 42nd St. Traffic Jam

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - 42nd St. Traffic Jam
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Some things never change. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Yeah. Twenty years earlier, it would have been all horses and carriages. And you would have had to watch where you step much more closely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

What great cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

As Dylan would say "Positively 42nd. Street."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 07:43 am:

"If all of the cars placed end to end would reach to the moon and back again, there'd probably be some fool that'd pull out to pass"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 07:59 am:

Nice picture. I like the fellow in the curb lane in the Touring looking over his shoulder I assume attempting to pull out in the flow of traffic. Yea good luck with that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 10:35 am:

Imagine all the exhaust fumes! Looks like a big load of coal in that old wagon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 10:41 am:

All most all sedans, very few tourings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 10:43 am:

I wonder if they still used those train tracks? I don't see any overhead wires so it must have been used by a steam engine?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Norman T K, Probably left over from a horse-drawn trolley.

Tim W, Note, I did not say it smelled better than it did twenty years earlier. I thought about it myself, but considered the newer exhaust smells to be very different from the earlier aromas. Whether one or the other smells "better" is a matter of individual preferences. So I went with "watch where you step".

Love those cars! I want to step in and walk for an hour. Maybe stay for a show. Or two? I wonder who may be performing nearby? I just read some interesting articles on Harry Lauder and his career. He opened in New York in 1911. Should be pretty close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

If you look closely there is a trolly mid way up in the picture and the rear corner of one at the bottom left. There are no buses that I can see so I would assume this was before they replaced trolly cars on 5th Avenue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

Looks like 2 0clock around Atlanta Ga.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration