St.Louis Model T Club Swap Meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: St.Louis Model T Club Swap Meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Forrest W O'Keane on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 11:28 pm:

Model T swap meet at Gateway Race track. Sunday May 8, 2017

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 08:36 am:

Sure hope the rivers are down enough by then to allow folks to get there! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 08:38 am:

Uhhh, My calendar says that Sunday is the 7th?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 08:43 am:

Yep. My flyer says Sunday, May 7. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 08:57 am:

I-44 closed from Rolla for about 50 some miles east - sections underwater ....

Take 60 .....

Worst flooding I have seen .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 09:05 am:

http://www.kmov.com/story/35284330/list-of-roads-closed-due-to-flooding

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Thread title is incorrect. It is the Model T Club swap meet. (And yes, it's on Sunday the 7th.)

Fixed for you Dick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

Do check for more closures, flood watches are up again with another possible big storm coming in tonight and going on through Wednesday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

I have been traveling from east to west across sections of I-44 and Hwy 60 the past couple days - locals across the state say this is the worst flooding in their lifetimes.

This is the worst statewide flooding I have ever seen firsthand.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

FJ, I'm not sure this is worse than 1993, but it's not good. Manchester Road (MO 100) is a local road for me and it has become an alternate for I-44 west. I was driving home from Sam's Club this afternoon and saw a bunch of 18-wheelers. Not used to that...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:31 am:

The rivers are expected to crest today. It is currently raining again, with rain expected tomorrow as well. Supposedly, not enough to cause a second crest (we hope). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

The weather is projected to clear up very early Friday and stay clear till Tuesday. The swap meet will go on and we will have a fun time.
I was called by Jay Canada's wife and she told me they will be there with some of Jay's collection. I am looking forward to seeing what they bring.

Hope to see you at this swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Most of the major roads currently closed by flooding should be open again by Sunday morning. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

We don't need no stinking bridges!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 12:13 am:

It's pouring rain in Branson at the moment and I have been told that we are going to Tulsa on Sunday,not to the swap meet. Darn, I have to head to home to Calif.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stephen l jones on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

Checked website for gateway and not seeing anything about swap meet on sunday, is it still on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

Steve Thum is the president of the Model T Ford Club of St. Louis, the club that is sponsoring the swap meet. Steve posted at 6:53 on May 3 that the swap meet is on, so it's on! :-)

Looking at their website, it doesn't look like the track advertises any of the smaller events that use parts of their facility.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

The swap meet is definitely on. A bunch of us where there painting the vendor booth lines all day today. We do not get the field till noon on Saturday so we will finish up then Vendor early arrival will be at 6 to 8 pm Saturday. Then vendor sales and buyer parking will start again a 6 am Sunday.

Do not count on a lot of Model T vendors as this is a general automotive swap meet.

Thanks
Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

I-55 is open, as well as highways 21 and 30. Highway 44 still had a couple of closed spots today, but hopefully they will be clear by Sunday. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration