Looking for contact info for Ross McTavish

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking for contact info for Ross McTavish
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

I'm looking for contact info for Ross McTavish who I think lives in Ontario, Canada. The family made early reproduction model T blocks years ago. Any help appreciated. Thank, Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 12:12 am:

Kim.

My father sold him 2 open valve blocks and a wood bodied 1909 touring in the early 80's.

He proceeded to cut these blocks apart to make patterns for the casting of new ones. I purchased one at Hershey some years back and the quality of the patterns were a bit off. It would have taken a huge amount of machine work to get one close to being usable. I had secured an original drawing for the machine work from the Ford archives.Even then it was far too much effort.

Those patterns I think are now in Portland with whalen Henry. Not sure if he has ever done anything with them. I understand that Ross has passed some years back.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 12:41 am:

Yes, Waylon does have the patterns. Actually, I'm looking for some other parts he made, but most people associate him with the early block castings. As I understand it, Sandy has passed away but Ross is still with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 12:52 pm:

Kim,
Try (519)588-8794
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

I was good friends with Sandy his dad. I was under the understanding that Wayland Henry in Oregon had the molds and don't know if Sandy ever received them back or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Lautenschlager on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

Ross McTavish, RR 1, Newton, Ontario, Canada
phone: 519-595-4134

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Thanks for all the responses!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration