Please identify these splash aprons

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Please identify these splash aprons
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Can anyone identify the model and year/s of these splash aprons? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 11:40 pm:

The top one is like our Canadian sourced cars for 1923-25. The two holes at the front are for the hood hook assemblies. That panel can also be fitted to earlier cars.
The lower one is for 1917-22 cars, as it does not have the second hole for the wider, later model hood.
US cars may be different.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 12:33 am:

Sedan? Maybe even coupe? No outcroppings for the body bolts as done on touring and runabout cars from brass era through (I thought?) '25. I know some of the '20s closed cars attached the splash shields (hello Larry!) to the body from underneath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:50 am:

Thanks for the feedback guys. When I bought my '24 Touring car a number of years ago, these and a lot of other parts came with it. The seller also had a '22 coupe. I assumed these went with the Touring, but maybe not. So this is a mismatched set then? I don't know for sure, but they appear to be NOS.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

I agree with sedan.
1922-1925 as there are 2 holes to bolt to the running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

looks just like mine on my 24 tudor.
Ken

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration