The Henry Ford Membership

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The Henry Ford Membership
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Schrage -- Grosse Pte Farms, MI on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 07:21 am:

After not renewing my annual membership (on purpose because of all the changes this year) I received a call last night asking if I would like to renew. After declining, he offered a 15% discount. Again I declined and proceeded to give him an earful as to why. After my rant I asked him if he was aware of the changes for MM and OCF. He was not. I also explained that I sent letters to John Neilson and Edsel Ford with no reply and that many other club members have sent letters with the same result. He said that he captured my comments and would relay them to the appropriate people and they would reply. I am not holding my breath. Rick Schrage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 08:25 am:

Rick...is it just me, or don't you feel it rather odd, that an otherwise key member of THF isn't aware of what's going on with their "key function"?? C'mon...he's not privy to the water cooler talk? Don't believe it for a minute. I think they just wanna have it die a slow death. Or at the very least, become a "small show" rather than a fantastic festival.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:00 am:

They probably just have sub-contracted this out to some telemarketing firm, he doesn't work for THF directly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Unfortunately, using polite 1920 grievance tactics such as letter writing doesn't work anymore. You have to find someone connected with weight and gravitas to kick in some doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Rick,

Good for you !

Everyone should follow suit ......

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Tasks like this are probably subbed out to some third-party outfit that handles their membership database, much the same as how management of the OCF was handed off to an outside contractor. It's the way of big business today and why so often the people with whom you're speaking don't know which hand is washing the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:08 am:

Whoops, got bit by the delay. Wasn't stealing your idea Andy -- great minds think alike!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Walter...hmmm, never thought of that. Guess it's 'cause I still subscribe to having "your own" DO your own!! Endangered species no doubt! Waste of their money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:53 am:

Way to go Rick for expressing your feelings !!!!Many Thanks to Marty, Keith, and all of the rest who attempted to bring some good ole common sense to the OCF and Henry Ford. Meadowbrook, 57 Heaven, Indy swap Meet at the track, and Harrah s to name few fantastic events have been lost for one reason or another.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Didn't by chance save that phone # ? Since their not answering letters/e-mails it seems to be a possible way to actually connect and opine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:27 am:

Andy hit it on the head!It was contracted out to some event handlers and that is the end of it! Someone when faced with construction and parking problems decided it was easy too pass it off that is what they did!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Rick,

I feel the same way. I was never a member of THF, but I have attended many annual events besides OCF. For those events I paid the full admission price. Not really interested in setting foot there again, for any event. Not with their current attitude.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

Now, I could be dead wrong about this, but I've been led to believe that the event itself is NOT being handled by an outside contractor -- just the registration.

Rick, I think you did the right thing. I wonder how many others are doing it and if word is getting back to the powers-that-be.

I am told by someone with whom I've had a lengthy conversation a few months ago about the events that the Motor Muster registration is "going fine." Whether or not that is true remains to be seen. Of course, they have no reason to tell me otherwise considering that I have been accused of "stirring the pot."

Anybody else not renewing a THF membership because of the changes?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration