What does OT mean?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What does OT mean?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:10 am:

I'm sort of new here, but I belong to a lot of forums. I've never seen this before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:16 am:

OT Off topic not pertaining directly to model t's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:17 am:

Off topic. Not model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:28 am:

FJ is also a term for " Off Topic " .....

It's is also a term synonymous with:

Off your rocker
Off the reservation

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:42 am:

OT - Off Topic

FWIW - For What It's Worth

IMO - In My Opinion

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

LOL - Laugh Out Loud

: followed by ) - smiley face :-)

: followed by ( - frowny face :-(

: followed by O - big smiley face :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:45 am:

ROFLMAO. ?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Rich: Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:05 am:

Ah! Roger, "ROFLMAO" !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:15 am:

FTD ? = %$# the dog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:37 am:

NOS - New Old Stock

NIB - New In Box

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Ggggggggggggggggggg

The G on my keyboard is stuck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

$.02 = my 2 cents worth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

In the early days of online forums (e.g. CompuServe), there were no smileys or other icons so everything was done with abbreviations, often within <>.
<s> = smile
<g> = grin
<bg> = big grin

We had a few on the Masonry Forum that were specifically Masonic.
<bfg> = big fraternal grin (what did you think it meant?)
<pots> = parting on the square

On the Cancer Forum we had
<koko> = keep on keeping on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

In talking with thai people (wifes family)

555555 = hahahahahaha

the number 5 in Thai is "ha"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

Can't forget YMMV = your mileage may vary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

I like them all... :-O
The :-O is a new one for me.
Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Steve Jelf used a good one that had me searching...

VOE... Voice of Experience

Thank You Sir!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 04:49 pm:

Chad, You mean: 2 worth???
:-)
If you're CHEAP! you know how to make the sign.
(I'm not Frugal, I am CHEAP!)
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

There is a long one on a commercial for Car Max. I'd have to see the commercial but it sounds like "webesidego" pronounced. I can't remember or figure out the exact letters but it stands for we buy your car whether you buy from us or not. I'll see it later. OT- no TV for now because the storm knocked it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

HMU means "hit me up". You can go to urban dictionary online and it will tell you all those abbreviations. I got on Facebook and had no clue what people were saying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

WTF

Wednesday Thursday Friday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

Good one, Herb! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

Don't forget
BOHICA
&
SNAFU

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration